The triplets have been seen by a program called Early Intervention since they were discharged from the NICU. A team of nurses and occupational therapists have seen them every month for almost two years. As hoped for, they have determined that the kids have caught up to their birth age, and no longer need to be "adjusted". The told me that the school district has a toddler class for kids with developmental delays, and that they needed non-delayed peers to join the class as well. I had tears in my eyes as I thought about a solo-trip to Target . . . I mean how much fun they would have interacting with other kids and getting practice in speech, gross and fine motor skills. Above are shots from their first day of "school". They had a great time and I am looking forward to next Tuesday, 11-12:30!
1 comment:
I am so happy they are doing so well, that is awesom.
Post a Comment